admin2012-04-08 22:02:102020-03-20 07:15:19Prevention
- Cancer of the colon: have you been screened?
Dr. Oliver says colon cancer screening can prevent cancer or save your life. Please read on!
- Communicating With Your Doctor
Good communication with your doctor is an important part of your health care. Tips…
- Diabetes: May I Screen You?
Ask your primary care physician about screening if you have any risk factors for diabetes. Read Dr. Oliver’s article to find out what those are.
- Diet – Food Pyramids: What Should You Really Eat?
Distilling nutrition advice into a pyramid was a stroke of genius. The old guide was flawed, but you can find the new one here!
- Exercise: A Healthy Habit to Start and Keep
- Heart Disease: a risk calculator
This site will allow you to calculate your 10 year risk of a heart attack, once you have some basic information, including your blood pressure and your total and HDL cholesterol levels.
- Influenza 101, by Brian Senger, MD
Influenza can be prevented or reduced in severity by vaccination, and medications are available to treat the illness if you get the flu.
- Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment
Dr. Ana Rodriguez reviews osteoporosis, and what you can do to prevent it.
- Traveling Abroad: the State Department
Safety tips, insurance, coverage issues, dcotors/hospitals/clinics available abroad.
- Vaccines for Adults
- The Immunization Action Coalition prepared this table for recommended vaccines for adults. Are YOU up to date?
- Vaccines for Children
The Immunization Action Coalition published this table of immunizations that kids need, based on age. Are your children up to date?
- Vaccines in Childhood: What They Are and Why Your Child Needs Them
What is a vaccine? Are they safe? When should my child be vaccinated? More…
- Weight Loss: A Physician’s Guide. Dr. Smith’s recommendations.
- What Do My Lab Tests Mean?
Many patients want to know more about the results of their lab tests. This article deals with some of the more common tests we receive questions about. It includes links to sites with more information.